Serving the Lord Bible Study
- A huge part of walking with the Lord is to love Him, fear Him, trust Him, obey His commandments, and serve Him truthfully and with all your heart. It is vitally important that you consider, (think about) all the great things he has done for you rather than worrying and fearing things that are happening in this world.
- Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great [things] he hath done for you. I Samuel 12:24
Once you are saved, you are risen with Christ and it is important to seek the things from above rather than earthly things. Your former life is dead and hid with Christ in God. No matter what you speak or do, you should do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, being thankful to God the Father.
- If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Colossians 3:1
- Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. Colossians 3:2
- For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. Colossians 3:3
- And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, [do] all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. Colossians 3:17
Serving the Lord means you will be blessed richly with wisdom if you let the word of Christ live inside of your heart. Serve the Lord by teaching and admonishing each other by singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs to the Lord with grace in your heart.
- Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Colossians 3:16
- I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service. Romans 12:1
Show the Lord your God you love and serve Him by obeying Him, keeping His commandments, fearing Him, and cleaving to Him by doing what He wants you to do.
- Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him. Deuteronomy 13:4
Be steadfast and unmoveable. Always do the work of the Lord because your labor is not for nothing. There is a reward, an inheritance that those who serve the Lord get.
- Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. I Corinthians 15:8
Serve the Lord your God and you will get blessings and He will remove sickness.
- And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. Exodus 23:25
If you serve the Lord you will receive a reward of the inheritance.
- Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance for ye serve the Lord Christ. Colossians 3:24
- No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Matthew 6:24
If you do not serve God you will be judged as wicked.
- Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not. Malachi 3:18
Material things on earth do not matter. God knows what you need and He will provide for you. Do not allow worldly things distract you from Godly things. Put God first in your thoughts, your heart and your deeds and God will provide for all that you need.
- But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33
Your real treasure is in heaven. God searches your heart and He knows what is most important to you whether it be material things or serving Him. We must put serving the Lord as an utmost priority not just as an example to others but deep in our thoughts and deep in our hearts in order to truly serve the Lord.
- But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: Matthew 6:20
- For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Matthew 6:21
It is important to serve God with a perfect heart and a willing mind because the Lord searches everyone’s hearts and understands all of your imaginations and thoughts. He knows what you are thinking. If you seek Him you will find Him but if you do not you will be cast off forever.
- And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever. I Chronicles 28:9
Don’t worry about pleasing people. Stay focused on pleasing God. If you are a more concerned with pleasing people than pleasing God you cannot be a true servant of Christ.
For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10
In retrospect, serving God is not something to be taken lightly or done haphazardly. It must be done out of love for Him. We must prepare our bodies, our hearts, and our minds by studying and reading His word, praying, praising Him, worshiping Him, focusing on Him, following His commandments-obeying Him, being more concerned about what the Lord your God wants from you than what anyone else wants. Fearing eternal damnation while living by His grace, respecting the sacrifice of His only Son Jesus Christ, and having faith that the Lord will do as He says and will reward you with the relief from sickness, providing for you, and the precious gift of eternal life with Him. All the while, you are serving God you must be spreading the Word of Jesus Christ to as many people as you can. Serving God will bring you blessings and true happiness.